DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PETS BEHIND!
With just a little bit of planning and preparation, you’ll can be ready to evacuate your home AND take your furry friends along in the event of a disaster.
Here’s our list of essential items to stock for your dog or cat. Pack and store these items together in a secure, dry area like your garage. When disaster strikes you can just grab the crate, the pets and bug out! We’ve also taken the time to recommend some quality products for most list items.
Your dog can carry its own bug-out bag! There’s plenty of options depending on your budget and breed of dog, but we Like the Mountainsmith Dog Pack.
- Sturdy Leash: Mendota Products Slip Lead
- LED Collar: Nite Dawg Collar
- Portable Kennel: Midwest iCrate Single-Door Pet Crate
- Muzzle: Quick Fit Dog Muzzle
- Portable fencing: Pet Yard Plastic Exercise Pen
- Doggy Waste Bags: Green N Pack Eco Friendly Dog Waste Bags
- Pet First Aid Kit: AKC 20-Piece Pet First Aid Kit
- Your Pet’s Meds:
- Vital Documents:
- A recent photo of your pet
- Contact list for your local vet, animal hospitals & shelters
- Your pet’s vaccination history
- List of any medical problems
- Record your pet’s eating habits (amount and times)
- Familiar items: Keep your pet calm- include toys, treats or bedding.
Food & Water
You’ll wanna keep a 1-2 week supply of the dry or canned food your pet usually eats. (While stored, make sure to replace the food according to expiration dates.) Also include a necessary untinsils (spoon, can opener, etc.) Store the food in a waterproof and protective bag or bucket.
Get Your Cats Prepared Too:
Here’s some more cat-specific items you’ll wanna stock up on.
- Leash/Harness: Premier Pet Kitty Harness
- Travel Carrier: Petmate Ultra Vari Kennel 24 Inch Pet Carrier
- Portable Litter box: Kitty’s WonderBox, Medium/3-Pack
Even More information:
There’s tons of great info out there to get you even more prepared.